GET STARTED - HOW TO JOIN PRIDE
Before you get started at Pride, we would like you to know what you are about to sign up for, what to expect from us and what we expect from you!
- We accept and welcome beginners with open arms, but we still expect beginners to work hard.
- We expect our members to be in the gym at least 3 times per week to see the full benefit of our program.
- Our workouts are not easy, if you want an easy workout you will not find it here.
- We lift weights, and we have experienced coaches who will make sure you lift with proper form and technique so you do not get injured, so don't be afraid to lift, we will teach you how. If all you do is cardio you may be shocked when we ask you to lift heavy weights.
- We also do cardio. If all you want to do is lift you may be shocked when we ask you to do cardio.
- We use kettlebells in almost every single workout. If you do not love kettlebells or you have never used one before, you may be shocked to see how much we love them.
- Our coaches are uplifting and motivating, sometimes funny and sometimes serious, expect a mixture of positivity and good natured joking, all to get you to lift more and move faster and give 100%.
- This is not a temporary program, we have members who have been with us for over five years straight, and we expect you to be here for the long haul.
Getting started at Pride is simple!
Step 1: Pick a time to come take your first free class! We recommend the "Athletic Conditioning" class for your first session so you can see how we work and what working out with us is like. If you have experience with kickboxing or kettlebells you can try those classes, but we do not recommend those classes for beginners without previous experience. Come in a few minutes early to fill out a waiver or you can download and print it by clicking this DOWNLOAD button. Come on in and try a class and you will see why our program, our trainers and our people are so amazing and will help you achieve your fitness and physique goals!
Step 2: Once you have gone through your first class you can talk with your instructor or the gym owners after to figure out the best pricing option to sign up with. Your instructor will also talk with you about how you did in class and how you feel. If we think you might need more instruction on basic form and technique we might suggest you go through our "Beginners Fundamentals" class for 2 weeks to help you learn how to squat, deadlift, swing a kettlebell, and we will go over several of our most frequently used exercises as well as core work to get your core strength up, we will also go over our typical workout formats. Not everyone will need to go through Fundamentals, it just depends on your lifting experience and your current physical conditioning level, but please do not feel bad if you are just starting out and we ask you to go through fundamentals training, we would rather teach you the right way and the safe way to lift weight and move through our exercises and workouts in a smaller class size with less pressure to keep you safe and get you strong enough to handle the workouts with the class.
Step 3: Finish up fundamentals and then roll into the AC class with the big kids! Get stronger, get faster, and get leaner!
***If you are interested in Personal Training, please email us directly at email@example.com. Personal Training is great for people who need a more personal approach or need a custom program built for them to reach a specific goal. We would love to work with you to achieve all your goals, so please email us if you would like to talk about Personal Training. Our schedule for PT is very tight, we cannot do any PT sessions during class times, so be sure to include the schedule you are looking for when emailing us about PT. Thanks!