Our trainers have over 30 years combined experience, training over 1,000 clients to reach their goals! And we will push you to achieve all your goals!
Doug is a certified personal trainer and started PRIDE Conditioning in 2009. Doug has been involved in Martial Arts and strength training since an early age, taking traditional Okinawan Goju Ryu karate from 1987-1996, receiving a brown belt second degree under Shihan Johnny Owens in NY and strength training at various facilities. More recently, Doug trained in Muay Thai, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts through Charlotte Boxing Academy and through Dick Harrell Martial Arts. Doug has competed in Amateur Boxing and Muay Thai. Doug also trains for short endurance races and indoor rowing events but is now mostly dedicated to kettlebell sport training and competing, and of course coaching. Doug enjoys pushing his clients and athletes very hard, so if you are in need of a serious workout, please come see him!
- Certified by the World Kettlebell Club (WKC) as a licensed “Combat Athlete Specialist”, teaching the WKC’s strength and conditioning program for boxers, Thai boxers, MMA fighters and grapplers.
- Certified by the WKC as a licensed Kettlebell “Fitness Trainer” authorized to teach the WKC’s “Elite Fitness Protocol” strength and conditioning program for fitness enthusiasts and athletes and for kettlebell lifting competitors.
- 2nd place finish in 20kg Long Cycle at the 2013 ATC Kettlebell Throwdown in June of 2013.
- 3rd place finish in 24kg Long Cycle at the Georgia State Kettlebell Lifting Championships in 2013.
- 2nd place finish in 24kg Long Cycle at the West Coast Classic Kettlebell Championships in San Francisco in 2014.
- 1st Place, 28kg Long Cycle, AKA National Championships, August 2014 (American Record, 54 reps, 85kg weight class)
- 1st Place,24kg Long Cycle, European Open Championships, Saint Petersburg Russia, May 2015.
- 2nd Place,24kg Long Cycle, AKA Nationals, August 2015.
- 5th Place, IUKL World Championships, Dublin Ireland, 2015.
- 3rd Place, IUKL World Championships, Aktobe Kazakhstan, 2016.
- 2nd Place, IUKL World Championships, Seoul South Korea, 2017.
Also, Doug has now taken Pride Conditioning one step above all the box gyms of Charlotte and joined Pride Conditioning to the American Kettlebell Alliance, which is affiliated with the largest kettlebell sport lifting organization in the world, the IUKL. Pride Conditioning is now a proud recognized member of the AKA.
Read more about Doug’s amazing transformation from 269 pounds and almost 30% body fat to a lean and cut 190 pounds and 7% body fat on the testimonials page!
Lindsay Seamans is our Cardio Kickboxing, Intervals class and Powerlifting instructor. She completed her Level III Apprentice Instructor certification test under Ajarn Dick Harrell and the Thai Boxing Association of the USA in August of 2013. With her boxing and Muay Thai background, her kickboxing class is like no other! Not only has Lindsay competed as an amateur fighter, but she has also competed in Kettlebell Sport and made the switch to Powerlifting in 2016.
- Kettlebell Rankings under AKA guidelines: Rank 1 long cycle, Rank 2 Biathlon, Rank 2 Snatch only
- Number 1 Ranked Lifter, 114lb Weight Class Raw Classic, 365 Strong Powerlifting Federation
- Elite Rank, 365 Strong Powerlifting Federation: Squat, Deadlift AND Total
- PR competition lifts: 110lb bench, 230lb squat, 280lb deadlift
As an instructor, Lindsay will push you to your limit, but will make sure you have fun while doing it! Her classes are fun and challenging, and wants only to help everyone in her class succeed in obtaining their fitness goals! Powerlifting is done on an individual basis – if you are interested, please contact us directly.
Vincent is our resident Endurance Coach and our most successful endurance sports client. Vincent will be certified as a Concept2 Rowing Coach & Instructor in July of 2016. Vincent’s experience comes from practice, not just the classroom or some weekend 12 hour certification, Vincent has competed in the following events:
- Escape from Alacatraz Triathlon
- Tune Run 200 mile relay race
- Cohasset Triathlon (Boston, MA) – 3 years in a row
- “Bethel Hill Moonlight Boogie” – 50 Mile Ultra Marathon – 2 years in a row – placing in the top 10 in 2014
- Every distance Spartan obstacle race and two Tough Mudders
- WWC 50 mile trail race 2015
- Thunder Road marathon 2015 (one week after the WWC 50 mile!)
Vincent is full of energy and is always fun to train with! While Vincent is usually the funniest, nicest guy in the room, when he is coaching you he will push to your limits! Come train with Vincent and he bring your endurance to the next level!
Vann is our newest trainer here at Pride! Vann comes to us with a vast amount of Crossfit experience and a great background in lifting:
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Football
- USAW Level 1 trainer
- FMS with Grey Cook (Functional Movement Screening)
- Carl Paoli Gymnastics seminar certificate
“I’ve been coaching group fitness classes and one on one personal training for 5 years full time. My goal when coaching is to make sure that the one hour my class has with me is the best hour of their day. I want to make sure each member is getting the best advice and moving to the best of their abilities. I love to see hard work pay off for members and to see someone’s reaction to reaching a goal in their fitness that they thought was too far fetched and could never achieve. I preach consistency and that it’s the most important advice someone could get on any fitness regimen. I love training all types of athletes from a 17 year old kid training for football to a stay at home mom who’s never worked out a day in her life. I believe in longevity in training and that we should be able to workout into our 90’s! And never have to be in a nursing home or rely on others to take care of ourselves. I do this by drilling the fundamental movements over and over again.”
Allen is one of our personal trainers. Allen specializes in powerlifting as well as general strength and conditioning and weight loss. Allen has “Elite Status” in two weight classes. He also likes hot cocoa in front of the fire and long walks on the beach.
- Bench Press:
Jennifer is one of our Personal Trainers and Group instructors. Jennifer’s knowledge of body mechanics, movement and anatomy is simply amazing. Even more amazing is her positive attitude and her ability to make you believe you can do anything by pushing you just a little harder while still being positive. She has also recently joined the Powerlifting team, and is crushing some serious weights on all of her lifts! We are very thankful to have Jennifer on our team, come train with her and you will not be disappointed!
“Born and raised in Fort Mill, SC, I didn’t begin exercising until I was 19. I saw a picture of myself and didn’t even recognize the girl in the picture. I had gained so much weight in just a year. I knew I had to do something. I immediately started running. It didn’t take long until I was hooked. After a few years of training myself, I decided to return to school to learn more about health and fitness.
I graduated from UNCC with a BS in Exercise Science and I was fortunate enough to complete an internship with Hendrick Motorsports training the pit crew members. Since graduating in 2008, I have taught various bootcamp classes, cardio dance/Zumba classes and interval training sessions. I have spent the past 3 years working with clients in small group and one-on-one settings. I am currently working on my Masters degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology and hope to graduate in May 2013.
I love helping people reach their fitness goals, whether it be toning up, running their first 5K, or just feeling better. Helping clients realize their true potential is such an incredible feeling and it keeps me motivated with my own fitness goals. I am lucky to have a career that is fun and rewarding.”