The Murderball is the combination of a Squat Thrust and a Wallball. The name comes from the awesome folks in our 6PM class and was introduced and named in November 2010 during the first Team Diet Challenge.
- Muscles used: almost all of them! The Murderball is another multi-joint exercise that uses a lot of muscle groups and will wear your ass out quickly. The main muscle groups used are the quads, buttocks, calves, abs and back (core), deltoids and triceps.
- Cardio Rating: 8-9
- Difficulty Rating: 8
- Exhaustion Rating: 9
- Start in the standing position
- Place hands on the floor a little wider than shoulder width apart with the medecine ball in between your hands with your knees bent
- Shoot both legs straight back to put you into push up position
- Bring both feet back to the same position you were in when you first put your hands on the floor
- Grab the medecine ball BEFORE you stand up
- Stand up with the ball; stand up straight and use your legs (not your back) to get you standing and upright and place the ball under your chin with your elbows close to your sides
- Squat and touch your elbows to your knees
- Stand up POWERFULLY and throw the ball up with both arms onto the wall 2 to 6 feet above you
- Let the ball fall to the floor
- *The simplified instructions: down, feet out, feet in, grab the ball, stand, squat, stand and throw