These great tasting kabobs can be prepped ahead of time and are quick and easy to make. Colorful and full of flavor, you will never know how good they are for you!
Cut into one inch pieces:
- Three boneless skinless chicken breasts with all fat trimmed
- Peppers, green, red, orange, yellow
- Two medium red onions
- One small-medium pineapple
- 3/4 cup of low fat or fat free sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1-2 tsp Hot chili paste if you want some heat
- Mix together in a bowl with a wisk
Place meat, veggies and fruit in a large container and pour marinade over everything. Let sit for at least an hour, up to over night. Place skewers in water for at least half an hour. Skewer ingredients and sprinkle with sesame seeds (should make about 8 kabobs). Grill on medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes per side, rotating often, until everything shows a little char on the edges and chicken is cooked through. While the kabobs are grilling prepare 4 servings of brown rice. If you do not have a grill or it’s raining outside you can cook these on a grill pan indoors. Serving is 2 skewers and 2/3 cup of brown rice.